Monday, January 1, 2007

Welcome to My Blog Builder - Introduction

I blog under the name of Super Saver. My other blog is My Wealth Builder , a personal finance blog about my journey and experiences towards building our family’s wealth for a comfortable retirement.

As background, My Wealth Builder was created on August 13, 2006. I decided to start a blog, searched the internet for blogging software, read a few sites about blogging and jumped right into it. I was impressed with the templates provided by blogging support companies. I could create and host a professional looking site for free. I also believed, incorrectly, that I could immediately make reasonable amounts money through advertising. (More on advertising in future posts.)

I am writing My Blog Builder to document my personal journey of creating My Wealth Builder as an experiment to develop a business in personal publishing. It would have been great to start this blog concurrently with My Wealth Builder and write contemporaneously about my experiences. That will happen as I catch up, but the first four months will be based on memory, tracking software, and miscellaneous records.

In addition, My Blog Builder will be created under the New Blogger software. My Wealth Builder was created under Blogger and will be required to migrate to New Blogger in the near future. This will provide me some experience using New Blogger before making the transition.

At this point, I plan to post once a week on Mondays.

No comments: