Sunday, February 25, 2007

Blogging Tools That I Use

To help one build traffic there are lots of FREE tools available to help. I am amazed at what is provided for bloggers to use. Here are the tools I use.

Google Analytics - This provides the ability to find out how many readers are coming to your site, from where, how often they are coming and which articles there are reading. This is a great tool to find out who is your audience. Other services such as Sitemeter, Feedburner and Crazy Egg provide similar services. For perspective, I started with Google Analytics and have not used the other applications.

FeedBurner - This provide your readers an easy way to get feeds from your blog, via what ever feed reader they would like to use. I use Feedburner and highly recommend using this tool.

Technorati - This tool lets you know which blogs are linking to to yours. It helps you find who is interested in your content. It will also help you find out if a blog is copying your content. I have not registered in Technocrati yet.

Alexa - Helps you find out your traffic rank in the worldwide Internet. Not surprisingly Yahoo!, MSN and Google are the top 3. My Wealth Builder is currently 626,012 after 6 1/2 months, as of February 25, 2007.

Google Page Rank - This let's you find out how Google ranks your blog for search. Check Page Rank is the tool I use to track page rank. Page Rank ranges from 0 (lowest) to 10 (highest). My Wealth Builder has a page rank of 3 as fo February 25, 2007.

These are the main tools I use for getting data on blog traffic. The best part is that they are currently available to everyone for free.

No comments: